Image Map

Introduction To The Cohort

Someone in my program here asked me yesterday when I was going to blog about him.
I laughed.
Then I thought.
Then I realized:
I have not written anything about the 20 or so people that I spend every day with. The 20 people I share tears, laughs, smiles, frowns, high fives, meals, drinks, frustrations, and victories with. We are Duke University’s second Masters of Global Health cohort. We are interested in HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Stroke, Cancer, Water and Sanitation, Policy, Mental Health, Child and Maternal Health, and so much more. We come from all over the world. We are recent college grads. We are MDs. We are medical, law, and nursing students. We are a lot of different things. But we are a wonderful medley of passion, knowledge, experience, worldview, culture, language, age, and gender.

People, I am HUMBLED by my peers here. They are not only knowledgeable, but they are so brilliant . They have thoughts and insights that are expanding my mind daily. The professors here are fabulous. I mean, It’s Duke. But let me tell you a secret: I have learned far more from my cohort than my professors so far. That’s part of the beauty of this program.
And you know what my favorite part is? Now, they are also my friends.

My New friends

Thanks for being so inspiring. And good luck on our first exam tomorrow!
We can dooooo it!

3 comments:

  1. and so in the midst of all my reading, preparing for the first exam, i sat and thought, i know the person who asked that question..........and then, another thought, good luck to the cohort on the first exam, to add to the dear blogger's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Elise! I am praying for you during your first exam! See u on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP