Image Map

Venue Visits and Various other adVentures...

I'm packing to go home. Sitting on the dirty-but-i-meant-to-clean-it floor of my apartment. Paul (brotherkind) and Adam (fiance) are also on their computers, sipping bourbon, being men.

This weekend was a BIG one. Adam, Laura, Katie (wedding coordinator/great friend) and I went to Charlottesville, VA to look at wedding venues. Good news: We found our venue for the ceremony and for the reception! (Sorry for all the West coasters hoping this Jordan wedding would be on the Left coast. Please still come!!)

It sure is something else when you walk into the church, for the first time, that you are going to get married in. My heart started racing.



This weekend of wedding planning had many non-wedding related highlights/funnies as well that should not be overlooked:

-Two of my best friends (LT and Jen) came down from NOVA to visit venues with us. After missing the first of three due to "hold ups getting on the road" they met us at the second venue where they proceeded to get "stuck" because of "car trouble." They ended up spending three hours sitting in a office shack in the middle of nowhere in the snow waiting for AAA!! So they ended up missing the third venue (the winning venue!) and the church (so basically everything :( ), but met us for dinner and dessert before heading back up to NOVA. True friends.

They took this picture to document their mental states while being trapped, cold, and going a bit crazy...AND, they still look so cute.


-We also got to spend some quality time with a family dear to my heart, the Boggs. (I'll probably blog about our time with them tomorrow, while stuck in an airport). It was too good/hilarious to fit into this one.

-Afterward we got to meet with our wonderful photographers/hair and makeup artist Eric and Lora Kelley. These two are not just a beautiful couple, adorable parents, and wonderful Christians, but they are incredibly talented and we are looking forward to working with them so much. (Note: This meeting took place over hot apple cider and freshly baked banana bread. Made and served by another dear friend, Ashley West. Wait. Ashley Wooten. She's married now and I can't get used to it. Sorry Brandon. These two let us stay at their home while in Charlottesville this weekend.)

-After reluctantly getting back on the road to Durham Adam and I spent half the ride on the phone with our mom's vomiting out information and descriptions of everything. This was followed by a stop at a Food Lion to buy Ham, Cheese, and Potato Chips for dinner. Ham and Cheese roll anyone?? Stuffed with friend potato? Don't judge. It was cheap. We were hungry. And it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Mostly, this weekend just reminded me (as if I needed reminding) how wonderful of a community I have in Charlottesville and how much I miss living there. Attending my church and seeing my church family today at Portico, driving around campus, getting fro-yo at Arch's, and strolling downtown with my handsome fiance trying to keep me warm (impossible task) confirmed in my heart, once again, that there is no place like Charlottesville. No matter how long I spend in Durham, Charlottesville, VA will always be home. Well, at least my East coast home.

I guess I should either go to bed now and get 4 hours of sleep before having to get up to leave for the airport, or just stay up and get nice and sleepy for the plane. Hmm. Bed. Decision made.

Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo of you and adam. So cute. And I'm so excited it's a "right coast wedding" for obvious reasons. And I'm jealous you got to spend time with your/our favs in c-ville. It really is weird how it feels so much like home even when I return.

    Safe travels! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Was thinking about you this weekend hoping you would find just the right spots! Chris never heard back from his lead anyway so glad it all worked out . . . can't wait to hear details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of you two in the church, so sweet! I had a great time with you and can't wait to be doing more wedding planning soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP