Image Map

I forget...

Sometimes in the winter I forget things...
-I forget that I actually have olive skin and am capable of being dark and not pasty.
-I forget that I have a tattoo on my left foot because I wear wool socks and boots around the clock.
-I forget what it's like to feel warm.
-I forget what it feels like to go for runs outside rather than on a treadmill...or not at all.
-I forget what it's like to NOT sleep with five blankets (one electric) and in a t-shirt rather than in sweatshirts and sweatpants.
-I forget that sometimes its light when I wake up and by the time it's dark, it's bedtime.
-I forget what its like to pay half as much for power.
-I like winter for a little while, but then I feel ready for Spring. Or Summer. Or Fall!
Especially this Fall.

Anyone with me?

It's February now and while we are still in the dead of winter, I'm starting to anticipate Spring. And I'm excited for all the things that will reappear when it arrives!
I read this passage this morning and it is a beautiful picture of making it through winter and the new life that Spring brings:

"My beloved spoke and said to me, 'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. See! The Winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.'" Song of Songs 2:10-13

Isn't this a beautiful picture that God gives us of new life?

And doesn't it make you anticipatory for Spring? And the cooing of doves?

Maybe I just have a lesson to learn about being content in the season of life that I am in (figuratively and literally?) but I'm just saying--I'm excited for Spring to arrive!


2 comments:

  1. I love spring because of MArch 20! Yay for warm weather coming. I find that if you dress for warm weather (I am wearing a summer dress today with boots and tights and a sweater) that it becomes warmer faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well one thing for sure, you will see spring in NC way before we will see spring in WA. I hope it comes soon for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP