Image Map

Sweeter Than Honey

After dropping my mother off at the airport at 6:45 AM this morning, I came back home ready to head to the library and start the inevitable catching up that is required when you do zero work all of Spring Break. Feeling a bit mopey to say goodbye, a bit weary at the thought of what lies ahead of me this week, and very sleep deprived, I decided to take a moment, make some coffee, and reflect on the study of Psalms that we are doing in my small group. This week we are studying Psalm 19 and 119. I want to share a few of the verses.


I don't have a wise commentary to offer on them.
No Inspirational insight.
Just the beautiful words that encouraged me this morning:

"The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the LORD are firm, and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold.
They are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. (19: 7-10)

"To all perfection I can see a limit, but your commands are boundless." (119:96)
"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." (119:105)
"Your statutes are my heritage forever, they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end." (119:111-112)

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock, and my Redeemer." (19:14)
These Psalms are all about God's law, its beauty, the joy and life that it brings, and, its steadfastness.
Here is the link to one of my favorite songs. It is right out of Psalm 119. It is full of God's promises. It is sung by none other than Brooke Fraser. It is lovely.
So are you.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP