Image Map

Smiling's my Favorite


There are exactly 200 days between now and October 29.


(That doesn't actually have anything to do with anything, I just wanted to say it)

And this morning I got a voicemail from the fiance that simply said, (and I quote): "This message will be left in Louis Armstrong style..."

He went on to make up a song, sing it in a very raspy hard-to-understand-the-words voice, and then hang up. I think it was something about having a beautiful day. And loving me. :)

I laughed so hard because I am marrying a big HAM. Who I love very much.

Then I smiled, because I also just love Louis Armstrong. In fact, my dad and I have been practicing our "first dance" to this song of his since I was little.

One of my favorite songs he sings says "When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you."

I hope we never get too busy, too overwhelmed, too sad, too distracted, too tired, too stubborn, too grumpy, or too serious...to just smile. Even a little one.

And, I hope that something made you smile today, too.

(What was it?)

If not, call Adam. And ask for the Louis Armstrong voice. You'll smile. Promise. :)

5 comments:

  1. I laugh just thinking of Adam singing this way over the phone. I am smiling. What makes me smile? I smile when my kids are smiling. So keep smiling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile last night during our hour long talk that ended at 1:30 AM...I woke up thinking about how blessed I am that you're my Mamma, and my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You are so incredibly cute. So happy you have such a wonderful hubby to be.

    as for smiles...

    My little boy who said he was "throwing up like a big boy because he is 4 now" made me smile :) (yup, sometimes it's the little things :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is precious. I feel like having two kids must give you a lot of little sweet things to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this video of him singing, it makes me so excited to think that i booked him for your wedding. would i be your matron if I could not pull strings?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP