Image Map

3x5


I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been...

Today we returned from our weekend in a magical land called Pokhara.

In case you don't know where Pokhara is:

(See Black Dot.)


In case you don't know what Pokhara is: It is (in my opinion) the gem of Nepal. It sits at the foot of the Anapurna range in the Himalayas. And it's where we spent our (more than) halfway break.

In case you don't know what one does in Pokhara: Anything and everything under the sun. But here is what we did:

Boating
Hiking
Eating
Reading
Watching the sun rise over the Himalayas from the top of a large hill

Getting sunburned
Shopping
Walking
Eating
Paragliding
Relaxing
Living
Loving Life

And, in case you don't know how to put Pokhara into words, don't worry. Neither can I.
But, there is an answer for this too. The whole weekend the lyrics to one of my top 5 favorite Mayer songs of all time (bold, I know) were on repeat in my mind:




"I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been...Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliche'.

And it's strange,
how clouds the look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway.

Maybe I will tell you more about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way,
But let me say,
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes. It brought me back to life...

Maybe I will tell you more about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words.

I guess you had to be there.
I guess you had to be with me.

You'll be with me next time, I go outside."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP