Image Map

Love from the USA

So this is going to be a bit backwards... instead of Elise telling fun stories about her friends and family and how much she loves the important people in her life... I'm going to tell you how much I love Elise.

Yup, I'm a "guest blogger." And although I do have a blog of my own, I kind of like this whole guest blogging thing. It took me a while to figure out what exactly I wanted to write about. The options seemed endless. And so I decided on this. Corny, but hey, I love corny and so does Elise:

E.

"E' stands for eloquent. And although I'm sure Elise would say, "'Oh stop it, no I'm not," I would have to disagree. Reading the words on this blog of hers is one of my favorite parts of my day. She has a way of making everything, even life's trials, sound so refreshing. And, when we are lucky enough to have a catch-up phone conversation, I always leave feeling renewed and loved. Simply put, Elise has a way with words.

L.

"L" stands for laughing. And snorting. Because if you know Elise well at all, she has a wonderful laugh. And if she thinks something is really funny, she snorts. And then everyone ends up laughing, perhaps not at the joke or funny thing that happened, but because a sophisticated young woman just snorted. I love this about her.

I.

"I" stands for involved. Unlike my own life where I find myself spread too thin or running around like a crazy person, Elise seems to know how to find the balance in life. In college we were both committed to an organization called Athletes in Action, AIA for short. Elise was so good at making AIA, among many many other things going on in her life, a priority. And she has maintained this ability to balance and juggle life into the "real world" (although technically still in school). Planning a wedding... small groups at church... friends all over the country, Elise is great at staying "present" and devoted to the things that are special to her in life.

S.

"S" stands for Sister. In a sweet note Elise wrote to me one time, she reminded me that I was her first true Christian girl friend in college. And although she soon after met lots of people who have impacted her life tremendously, I feel special to have been this fist "Sister in Christ" for Elise at UVA.

E.

The final "E" stands for engaged. And although this seems obvious, I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this fun fact. I mean have you ever seen a cuter couple in your entire life? Adam + Elise make the perfect pair. I feel so grateful to have been a part of Elise's life from the "beginning" of their actual dating relationship. And feel even more grateful to be able to share in their special day in October. I know they are both going through a hard time right now being so far apart from one another, but be encouraged you two... this will make your time together later this summer so so very sweet.

So, there you have it. That's my description of my friend Elise. I love you dearly sweet girl and can't wait to guest blog some more and see you when you return to the states!!

Praying for you,
Steph

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP