Image Map

Come

"Come and see what the LORD has done."
"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me."

"Come, you who are blessed by the LORD."
"Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD."

"Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation."
"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker."
"Come to the wedding banquet."
"Come, follow me, and I will send you to fish for people."


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
"Come and share your Master's happiness!"
"Come, and see the place where he lay."

"Come, follow me."


Come and see the new born baby Messiah saying:

"Shhhh! Be still. All is well. I am here. Do not be afraid. The world is no longer in the hands of the evil one, but in the arms of a loving shepherd. In the end everything will be alright. Nothing can harm you permanently. No suffering is irrevocable, no loss is lasting; no defeat is more than transitory, no disappointment is conclusive. Nothing can ever separate us--not troubles, worries, persecutions, not lack of food or clothes, not attacks or invasions. There is absolutely nothing in life or death that will ever come between you and the love of God made visible before your eyes tonight."
(Brennan Manning)

This holiday season in all of our going to and from, may we not lose sight of the sweet calling to Come.

Come and see what our loving Father has done for us.
Come and see the little baby that He sent to teach us how to love.
Come and see Jesus' work on the cross for what it was.

Come, and let's adore him this Christmas.



1 comment:

  1. It takes spiritual grit -- which I define as "head" theology cemented in "heart" faith triumphing over "real-life" heartache -- to arrive with conviction at the position described by Manning above, but his assertion is absolutely correct: Nothing can permanently harm those called of God...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP