Image Map

would you ever...?

now that my thesis is behind me (minus a few last edits) and i am inching closer and closer to the end of my academic career (for now, at least) i have been thinking a lot about what is next. what type of position do i want to accept? what are my goals for my future. you know, 


what do i want to do with my life?


i can't tell you how many people have asked me this question lately. do i enjoy being asked this question? no comment. 


but it does get me thinking... 


all that thinking about what i want to do with my life has made me daydream a bit about what i want to do IN my life. like, before i die. do you have a bucket list? what kinds of things are on it? here are some of mine. would you ever do any of them?


in no particular order:


-go skinny dipping (preferably at night).
-get published.
-climb Kilimanjaro.
-heli-ski.
-be an auntie to some darling little (half) rwandan children.
-be a mamma (heavy on the "someday"). 
-dream in italian.
-visit new zealand and meet all of those kiwis adam adores. and their cute kiwi babies. and backpack around the south island with him.
-take a trip on a sailboat. already got my captain picked out.
-read this book and this book, by Ayn Rand.
-learn to scuba dive.
-own a porch with a porch swing. sit on that swing a lot.
-see this band play in their home country, iceland.
-live in Charlottesville again (starting tomorrow, if possible).
-teach high schoolers about global health and how much bigger the world is than they realize.
-live on the water, own a little sail boat (hobie cat?), and sail a lot with my hubs. (and pup?) 




what are some things you dream of doing? would you ever do any of these things? 





5 comments:

  1. love the list! One of mine is to hold/play with/own(?) a miniature animal, I know it's silly! (http://www.thefrisky.com/photos/the-smallest-of-the-small-tktk-baby-miniature-animals/animals_041012_m/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the baby hipppppooo! so cute. i love that this is on your list. :)

      Delete
  2. I highly recommend skinny-dipping, and scuba diving, at night! (I haven't tried scuba in the nude, but you could get crazy with that if you like.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list! ...and sorry I am a culprit for asking! Sounds like you have a lot of great things to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kilimanjaro-do it! Ayn Rand- fountainhead is my favorite. Only book I have finished and immediately started reading again. I've read it 4 times. Sigor Ros- please take me with you, that is totally on my list. Trip on a sailboat-- I know a great place to go sailing... :-)

    I've knocked a few off my list-- ride a camel, go to Burkina Faso, live aboard a sailboat, go sky diving, go bungee jumping. I still want to see the aurora borealis, ride in a hot air balloon, and sail around the world!

    Love the 'bucket list'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP