Image Map

Thoroughly Showered

I never would have guessed last November 27th when Adam asked me to marry him,

That I'd be having 4 parties thrown to celebrate our marriage...prior to the wedding week.
But, last Sunday I had my 4th of 4 bridal showers. Count them: one.two.three.four.

Excessive? Perhaps. But people kept offering to throw them in each of the different cities I consider home. And I just kept on being extremely grateful for their generosity.

And how special they each were.

Two lovely girls threw this last one.

Steph, has guest blogged here, so you may have met her. She also writes a fabulous blog of her own. She is one of my bridesmaids, and one of my dearest friends. She was that two-year-older-but-I'm-going-to-reach-out-to-you-little-freshman person in my life. After meeting me once, my first year at UVA, she emailed me and told me that I was going to join her Bible study and that she'd be picking me up Tuesday night. At 7:45. And so she did. And so started my 4 year AIA involvement that led to many of the closest relationships in my life...

Which leads to Ash, who worked for AIA, led my Bible studies for most of college, discipled me, became one of my closest confidants, greatest role models, and sweetest friends. The first time I ever hung out with her was at the AIA camping trip. I'd known her for about 3 hours and she was sitting next to me by the fire and put her head on my shoulder. I don't know why I remember this so distinctly. But it makes me smile because it shows how immediately we felt comfortable around each other. And she really still is one of the people I feel most comfortable with.

Anyways, they threw me a shower for all of my closest Charlottesville (and surrounding area) friends. If you read my blog, you know how much I love Cville. So just IMAGINE how much I love all my Cville people.

Heaps and heaps and heaps upon endless heaps. That's how much I love them.

And, as we stood in a circle at this shower doing an ice breaker game, I looked around and actually started getting teary-eyed.

Just standing there looking at everyone. Teary.

Because, it's overwhelming to have twenty plus of the people you love most standing all around you, knowing that they are there because they love you. Knowing they are really there because of how much God loves you. It's like the circle was just radiating love. And I think that's why I got teary-eyed.

I couldn't help but remember what is was like to live in the same town with ALL of these amazing godly women. What a life.

I also couldn't help but get giddy, when I realized that all of them are going to be together with me again. In less than a month. And so many others as well.

This shower, as they all were, was a picture to me of how great God's love and his community are. And it makes me joyful, because that's what I want our entire wedding to reflect. How great is the love of God. And what a great gift when He gives it to us to share with someone else.

So showers are over. Now on to the main celebration. 4 weeks from tomorrow. Yippeeee.

Oh, and in case you are interested...Steph posted lots of cute photos from the shower here. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP