Image Map

Someone You Should Know


Dear Everyone,

If you don't know Brooke Fraser, you should.

She is one of the loveliest, most talented, most hilarious artists ever.

She is from New Zealand, but last night she came all the way to humble little NC to play a show for all of us here who admire and adore her. And oh, how we do.

Tonight she is playing in my favorite town Cville, where many of my best friends are experiencing the treat of a concert that we got last night.

Here's the deal:
Her lyrics are powerful, thoughtful, creative, and original.
She sings about things and places she's experienced.
She sings about what she believes in and loves.
And whenever she sings, she captures me.

She also talks about her digestive problems to the whole audience.
Which is especially endearing to me...

The concert last night was perfect. She made us laugh. She made us cry. She made us close our eyes and ponder the powerful messages of her songs. She made Adam grin from ear to ear hearing that accent that he misses so much. I think our move to New Zealand may be closer than I thought after last night. I'm convinced he left a chunk of his heart there, that I'm going to have to go retrieve someday...

But...the moral is she is great. So great that Adam and I are dancing our first dance to one of her newest songs. It's called sailboats and it uses sailing as a metaphor for marriage. She says she wrote it for her husband. I think she secretly wrote it for us. It just fits. So well.
She played it in her encore last night. :)

I know I've blogged about one of her songs before. And I hate to be repetitive (kind of). But she makes me so happy I can't help but tell you.

That's about all for now.

Sincerely,

Elise


1 comment:

  1. I love her too, I wish I could have been at that conert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP