Image Map

Fickle Monday

Oh, Monday. How fickle you are.


-Last Monday it was March, Today Monday it's April

-Last Monday it was freezing and snowing. Today Monday it is sunny and 85.

-Last Monday we were out of coffee. You heard me. Completely out. (You KNOW that was a tough Monday...) Today Monday we have a whole new canister of Trader Joe's Italian Roast and fresh coffee in the pot.

-Last Monday I had to wear rain gear from head to toe. Today Monday I am wearing my favorite yellow dress that my friend Jen gave me.

-Last Monday I was still grieving Duke's early tournament defeat. Today Monday I am wholeheartedly (and excitedly), rooting for Butler to carry home the banner of National Champs.

-Last Monday I was looking hard for a place for Adam and I to live together once we're married. Today Monday God dropped a beautiful, perfect, wonderful place in our laps...unfortunately as a result of a dear friend moving away.

Each week comes and brings different weather, people, tasks, events, and places into (or out of) our lives.

As I was thinking about this, a verse came to mind. It's in Lamentations 3 and says:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Each Monday, and each morning, God's mercies are new and His love and compassion for us never fail. He is not fickle. He never changes. It's amazing.

What makes this Monday new and lovely for you? I hope you have a splendid day and start to yet another week!

1 comment:

  1. For me its wearing a short sleeved shirt to work (my new one that ties in front from anthro), and knowing that I only have one more monday morning until Spring Break!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP